2021 WestEd IES SBIR Proposal Partnerships
WestEd is excited to serve as the research partner to small businesses bidding on SBIR proposals. We offer expertise on creating research plans that provide valuable feedback during the development cycle and meet funder requirements for evidence of usability, feasibility, fidelity, and promise.
We have extensive experience conducting research for small businesses and entrepreneurs in the education technology sector. From 2013-2020, WestEd has served as the research partner for 40+ successful Phase I, Phase II, and FastTrack proposals from the Department of Education (IES), National Science Foundation, and National Institutes of Health.
I'm interested in applying to the SBIRs. What are my next steps?
- Check your eligibility to apply for the SBIRs.
- Read about the new 2021 IES SBIR priority areas. Make sure your proposed project fits within one of these areas, either under the Education or Special Education solicitations.
- Browse through the past 2020 IES SBIR awardees to get a feel for the types of products that are likely to be funded.
- Read the full text of the Request for Proposals for the 2021 Education SBIR and the 2021 Special Education SBIR.
- Learn more about partnering with WestEd on an SBIR application.